|A crunchy top with a gooey centre.|
|Hot out of the oven.|
300g dark chocolate (at least 70% cocoa solids, I guess if using the G&B's recipe you should use Green and Black's but I just used the stuff that I had in the cupboard)
5 large free range eggs
450g granulated sugar
1 tbsp vanilla extract
200g plain flour
1 tsp salt (omit if using slightly salted butter)
1. Preheat the oven to 180c. Line a baking tin (approx 30x24x6cm, although my tin is about 25cm square) with greaseproof paper/baking parchment.
2. Melt the butter and chocolate together, either in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of barely simmering water or do what I did which was shove a bowl in the microwave and cook on low (600w) for a couple of minutes, stirring occasionally until all melted.
3. Beat the eggs, sugar and vanilla together in a bowl until the mix is thick and creamy, coating the back of a spoon. Once the butter and sugar have melted, remove from the heat/microwave and beat in the egg mixture.
4. Sift the flour and salt (if using) in to the mix and continue to beat until smooth.
5. Pour into the baking tin ensuring evenly distributed. Bake in the oven for 20-25minutes or until the whole of the top has formed a light brown crust that has started to crack. The brownie shouldn't wobble but should remain gooey on the inside.
Leave to cool for about 20minutes before cutting into large squares while still in the tin.