Sunday 31 October 2010

My version of Jamie's 30mm 'Pregnant Jool's Pasta' - Ragu

After this photo was taken I added lots more sauce, cheese and black pepper.
I've been watching Jamie's 30minute meals, and brought the cookbook that goes with it, and saw this ragu recipe! I've never made a ragu, usually opting for spaghetti bolognese. But I saw a bag of multi-grain tagliatelle that Sainsburys have just brought back and thought this would be perfect with it!
I've modified the recipe, using the tagliatelle instead of penne, mince instead of sausages, red onion instead of the spring. But I thought it tasted delicious! My Boyfriend made 3 batches of it in a week!

Ingredients -
1 red onion
1 carrot
1 stick of celery
1 fresh chilli 
Pack of mince (either pork or beef)
Garlic
1 x 400g tin of plum tomatoes (chop the tomatoes when in the pan)
Herbs - Oregano or mixed italian
Balsamic 
Fresh pasta to serve - I like multigrain tag.

1. Blitz the onion, carrot, celery, chilli and garlic in a food processor until well mixed and then spoon into a hot frying pan with oil. Keep breaking it up and stirring it quickly.
Meanwhile, blitz the mince in the processor to make it finer. Then add this to the pan and stir.
2. Add balsamic and let it cook down and then add the tomatoes. Add some herbs.
3. Put the pasta on, if using fresh it should only take 4mins.
4. Add a little of the starchy pasta water to the sauce if needed to loosen.
5. Then drain the pasta and serve with the sauce and lots of cheese! Cheddar or parmesan work well, finally add some basil and black pepper.


No comments:

Post a Comment